The time has come again to place requests for free seedlings, grown together by students and the Agrarian Adventure with support from the Tappan Joint Garden Committee and PTSO and Matthaei Botanical Gardens and Nichols Arboretum.
Complete this survey to make a seedling request for your school garden, and spread the word to folks involved with local school gardens so that they can learn about this opportunity!
Seedling pickups will be arranged at Matthaei Botanical Gardens or the hoophouse at Tappan Middle School, and are tentatively scheduled for early May. Look for further details in April!
Lise Anderson, board member, accepts a Local Food Victory award on behalf of The Agrarian Adventure at the 7th annual HomeGrown Local Food Summit!
Thanks to this community for 10 years of Agrarian Adventures with Ann Arbor Public Schools. Those are not halos on our heads!
What did The Agrarian Adventure accomplish in 2014?
- The Farmer in the Classroom program visited 5 schools and over a dozen classrooms
- Distributed 500+ seedlings to seven participating school gardens with the help of Tappan students
- Worked alongside students at Tappan Middle School to grow approximately 200 pounds of produce at its hoophouse garden site for club activities, student families, volunteers, food pantries and fundraising activities
- Donated over 100 pounds of produce to the Backdoor Food Pantry and Food Gatherers from it’s Tappan hoophouse garden site
- Hosted a seed bomb making activity at youth tent at the 2014 Homegrown Festival
- Celebrated our 10 year anniversary with a special Pencils and Parsnips event in partnership with Tantre Farm at Zingerman’s Delicatessen
To find out more, view The Agrarian Adventure’s full 2014 annual report here.
Thank you to everyone who joined in celebrating ten years of Agrarian Adventure programming in Ann Arbor Public Schools! Ten years!
On November 5th, volunteers, farmers, teachers, parents, and students shared inspiring stories about farm to school education, and everyone enjoyed the beautiful meal created by the chefs at Zingerman’s Delicatessen. This year proceeds from the annual event called the Taste of Tantre, that highlights the bounty of Tantre Farm with seasonal eats and treats, benefited farm-to-school education in Ann Arbor!